Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

I found out some info from the police officer and he is being

I found out some info from the police officer and he is being charged with trafficking. I then spoke with my son who said that he and his friend were doing the "run" for the other person, by cab 45 minutes away from our town. The cab was stoppped when it crossed over the border and the officers told the boys that they were being arrested for trafficking without looking to see if they even had the drugs, which they did. The other young man said that it was all his when the officer asked who it belonged to. My son is home now and doesn't have any paper work stating that he is being charged with anything and hasn't even written a statement. What's going on?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  replied 6 years ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

This sounds extremely serious. It looks to me that law enforcement was conducting some type of undercover investigation and/or had an informant. The fact they released your son might mean that they are watching him to see if he would lead them to whoever is behind the drug runs.

Please do your son a favor, get a really good criminal attorney and do not talk to anyone and tell your son not to talk to anyone. This is very crucial, anything you or your son says can be used against him.