JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

My best friend was recently burglarized, I came to find out

Customer Question

My best friend was recently burglarized, I came to find out that it was my brother in law. My brother inlaw has been incarcerated for other charges not involving this burglary yet. I was asked to go clean his things out of the place he was staying at and came across several of my friends things, I put all her things in bags and dropped them off at her house, she has told the police I did this and now the police want to talk to me, can I get in trouble for doing that, should i get a lawyer, any advice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

No, you cannot get into trouble for doing that.

You have every right to politely decline to talk to the police. You can talk to the police if you want. If you talk to the police, you have every right to do so with an attorney at your side.

You may find this video to be informative:

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!