P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

got 2 yr probation in Tx for 2nd DWI. I have been on probation

got 2 yr probation in Tx for 2nd DWI. I have been on probation for 6 months, took a urine test and know I failed. I also decided to blow on my interlock AFTER test just to see... Yep FAILED... what will happen at my next visit with probation officier?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

First time failure? Otherwise no issues? The PERHAPS you can get past this without having to go to jail.

The probation officer has discretion...he (or she) can "violate" you...take this to court as a violation of probation and the court could then toss you in jail...but if this is the first issue you have had, I would request to the PO that they not seek to have you put in jail.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne...this can land you in jail, but its not required.