CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

What if you were arrested and charged but not convicted with

Customer Question

What if you were arrested and charged but not convicted with Arson in the state of Oklahoma? The judge has made no ruling yet as to a jury trial or anything else. So do the statues of 3yrs still apply to me. Like do they have to convict me of this crime by the time of the 3yrs or i go free?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
They only have to charge you within the statute of limitations. If you were charged, there should be a Court date set. After your first appearance another court date and then another, should be set until both sides are ready for trial. If the judge determines that the case is getting old, he may just set it for trial. If the prosecutor is not ready, they may have to dismiss the charge.

Any other questions? If not, please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So What else can i do to keep it from going to a jury trial. Please any and all suggestions money is not an issue privacy is

You can take a plea and it wont go to trial. Your other option is to convince the prosecutor that they do not have a case and get them to dismiss the charges.