Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I was assaulted by my mother and I was charged with 4th degree

Customer Question

I was assaulted by my mother and I was charged with 4th degree assault when it was self defense trying to push her off me.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 years ago.

Do you have a question that I could answer for you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
why was I charges with assault and arrested when I was the onw attacked
Well unfortunately I can't tell you why you were arrested since I wasn't there and don't have all the information that the police officers had when they arrested you. You might have been arrested because your mother and you had different stories and they didn't believe you, or your mother was hurt and you weren't, or because you could have used less force based on your size differences, or because you have had prior calls at the residence for this sort of activity, or because you have a record of violence, etc. As you can see there could be a lot of reasons. If you didn't do anything disproportionate or to provoke the attack, then you should have your attorney present your defense in that manner and if the court believes you, then you will not be convicted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality. No I want it canceled.