1) Once this file is completed, depending on whether or not your son gets the charges expunged or the record sealed, the file is public record and the employer or anyone else could look at the file and read all of the events that occurred.
2) Just because someone initially pleads not guilty, they can later change their plea to guilty and this is normally done when there has been some sort of plea agreement
with the prosecutor. Normally in these minor cases the prosecution will offer a deal, especially on a first offense, of a deferred judgment (where no judgment is actually entered on the record) and the offense can be expunged and dismissed once he completes some probation, usually 1 year.
3) No, disorderly conduct does not affect his ability to obtain a license, it is a summary offense. They are referring to charges such as DUI or driving without a license etc.
4) Again, disorderly conduct is a summary offense, neither a misdemeanor
or felony, so they have no real impact on his criminal record
5) The prosecutor is the only one that can change the charges and if he has already received punishment and completed it, they cannot change it after the fact.
6) He can apply to the court with a motion to expunge or seal and the court can grant the motion if all of the sentences
have been completed.
7) These are summary offenses, they are not misdemeanors or felonies and that is generally what employers ask about. However, he should get them expunged and it is worth it to him to have an attorney do this and the cost is usually less than $1000 but it is worth it for the rest of his life to be clear of these charges and he never has to admit to them on any application.
8) Applying to the military he should get them expunged as they will make him do so anyhow..
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.
There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.
You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”
YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.