Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I have 2 issues. 1. 1.5 years ago i was talked to by the police

Customer Question

I have 2 issues. 1. 1.5 years ago i was talked to by the police in polk county florida for dealing in stolen property to a pawn broker. They talked to me, then let me go.. a week or so goes by, the police call me.. tell me we need to meet so they can get a taped statement.. i agree and we set a time and date, the very next day they call back, and tell me that they don't need a taped statement or anything, and if they need anything they will contact me.. haven't heard anything since... then i get informed that i have a warrant out for me for that very thing, but since that happened i moved to the state of michigan, 1.5 months ago i was arrested on that warrant... florida did not want to bring me back.. so they let me go. my second issue is i have a warrant for driving on a suspened license, in florida. I am now trying to get my drivers license but can't do to both of these issues. i need help getting these cleared up ASAP.. thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

you will need an attorney in Fla to file for a Motion to Quash those warrants. since FLA does not want to extradite you, it should be granted. but it is not something you can do on your own. the attorney will need to negotiate with the District Attorney.

as a warrant is active until it is served or quashed, it will always be there until it is recalled.

if you need to contact a FLA attorney you can use this link for the FLA Bar Association and get a referral.