Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
5180018

My husband is in jail on a probation hold because the po lied

Customer Question

My husband is in jail on a probation hold because the po lied and said he didnt give her notification of a new address and he doesn't have one so they just put him in jail because he has no where to go, so can a po do that or do they have to let him out regardless
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
He can be held. When a person is on probation one of the conditions is that they can be accessed at any time by the probation department. If a person has no permanent address then probation can be revoked. The only thing you can do to help your husband is attempt to find him a permanent place to live and be able to convice the probation officer that it is a valid address.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He did have a place to live and got evicted from his home and he was put in jail because of that so know what