LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

prison possesions of pot 2 oz my stash was not arrested yet

prison? possesions of pot 2 oz my stash was not arrested yet sheriff said he knew it was my stash
and i was not a dealer 65years old

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Unfortunately the laws in Arkansas call for treating the possession of more than an ounce of pot as a felony with similar potential penalties to that for sale of the drug. The law calls for a sentence of 4 to 10 years in prison and a fine as high as $25,000.00.

I hope for your sake that this is your first offense---because if it is you will likely be approved for a conditional release. Arkansas has a program which allows conditional release or alternative or diversion sentencing for people facing their first prosecutions. Usually, conditional release lets a person opt for probation. After successfully completing probation, your record will not reflect the criminal conviction.

Here is a link with additional information:

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4524

Get yourself an attorney and work to get the conditional release.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Please don't forget that I only receive credit for having helped you when you click on the Accept Button located at my Answer. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit.

Best regards,

Doug