Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Can I press charges on an 18 year old for communicaiting with

Customer Question

Can I press charges on an 18 year old for communicaiting with my daughter after I already got a restraining order on 10/2009. The restraining order expired as of 5/2010 when he turned 18.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You can consider renewing the restraining order to prohibit future communications. In addition, you may consider bringing a contempt action based upon the prior communication

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how he has violated them.

You can typically pick the forms up at the clerk of the court's office and file them yourself.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.