JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I got a DWAI back in aug 09. 4 days before my 19th birthday

I got a DWAI back in aug 09. 4 days before my 19th birthday had to do community service Madd impact panel alcohol classes and therapy. Also random breathalizers passed everything did everything. 1 year probation and in june 2010 me and my friend both received and MIP, he was tested and failed. However when asked if i was drinking i replied no and was never tested or anything and was charged with MIP and consumption of alcohol with no proof of alcohol or admiting to having anything to drink. so i dont see how it can stick if i was never drinking asked replied no never tested no alcohol in sight and received and MIP can this stick in court?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

If you believe that the officer cannot prove that you were in possession of alcohol at the time, then you should demand a trial on the charge.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!