CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I just found out there is a warrant issued for my arrest I

I just found out there is a warrant issued for my arrest: I got a Dui and I have not been able to pay the fines and other traffic citations on the payment plan that was previously approved by the courts because I have been unemployed. If I go to court will they arrest me on that day?. I just found a job and will be starting in about a week. How should I haddle this with the courts. I cannot pay what they are requesting.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
You need to get the warrant lifted and answer to the charges. Once the warrant is lifted, you can appear in court and explain that your inability to pay was not intentional and a result of your economic situation. See if the will modify your payment plan and allow you to start paying everything off. If you are stopped by the police, you will be arrested but likely be able to bond out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I get my warrant lifted?
You can retain an attorney who can file a motion to lift it or you can file one yourself. Explain to the Court the situation, that you would like to resolve everything and ask for a court date to appear.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where can I find the motion paperwork?

You will need to go to the Clerk of Court and ask if they have any forms for you to fill out or go to the local law library and look in books for the format.