JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

i hear all the time that the photo radar speeding tickets get

i hear all the time that the photo radar speeding tickets get thrown out if the just mail it to you and the summons is not actually served to you.Is this true? how? if i got one in the mail how should go about " ignoring it"? if i should at all?
What are the consequences if i choose to do this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
It's always difficult to assume that it will get thrown out. The wost case situation, if you ignore the ticket, is that it will default, points will automatically go on your record, late fees will kick in, and your license will be suspended.

It's more prudent to call the court and make a court date to fight or take care of the ticket on its merits.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why law or rule would allow everyone to believe that if your not process served by an official it doesn't holdup in court. or is that some wives tale spread by frat boys?
Who knows. There's all kinds of things that spread around that aren't true. And for some it may work. But, for others, they get bit hard.

I make it a personal practice to not put myself in a situation where I can get bit hard.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if i did "hypothetically" ignore a ticket who should i resolve this issue if it was due on the 24
You can call the court tomorrow to see where it stands right now and, if an amount is due, how much and how can the payment be made.