DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
17924466

I was charged with solicitation in asbury park. A police woman

I was charged with solicitation in asbury park. A police woman lured (with a great beautiful smile) to the side of the road. I asked what she was up to and she told me that she was trying to make some money to pay bills. I offered her money for a bj....then was arrested. Is it worth bring a lawyer to court since I am guilty? How much would an attorney cost?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, you will likely only receive a fine if this was your first offense. An attorney would charge you a few hundred dollars for this misdemeanor defense.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My main concern is ...will i have an arrest record for the charge? and is there a defense that could possibly help me?
Yes, you will have an arrest record, from your description there really is no defense. I assume you could have walked away from the situation and were not entrapped.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the female officer told me she would meet me behind a building since she didn't want to get into the car...i was already feeling like crap and decided to just leave, but was pulled over by a police car.

Yes, you will have an arrest record. Did you actually give the officer any money?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, i never gave her money. I actually didn't even have $20 on me....
Great, lastly, did you proposition her first or did she first mention sex?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not certain. She first told me that she was out trying to make money. In the arrest papers it says i offered her $20 for a blow job, but i don't think i did....not certain they may be right
assuming there are no witnesses, it is your work against hers and you will lose that comparison.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so you are saying that there is no possibility to downgrade the charge so there is no police record? if found guilty how much will the fine be.....could there be more then just a fine
There would be one fine of a few hundred dollars. You could try to plea down a civil infraction, but this would require the assistance of counsel
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What are the chances of that happening? Can a lawyer try and plea down prior to going to court?
If you have a clean record, there is a good chance it will happen, and it would happen prior to going to court.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i'm going to accept.but wanted to say think you for your time and effort. Thank you