JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

HELP! I sent 2/8 oz. marijuana via FEDEX to a friend in

HELP! I sent 2/8 oz. marijuana via FEDEX to a friend in AZ yesterday (I live in SF,CA). Law enforcement (AZ based, presumably) called her this morning saying the package smelled like pot. She claimed ignorance--that she wasn't expecting anything, etc. They haven't called me. How much trouble am I in? What should I do if they call? (The pkg. had my name, address, phone, credit card number).
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

You are not in any trouble if they cannot prove that you sent it.

If you are contacted, you have a constitutional right to remain silent and you can inform them that you wish to remain silent.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I dropped the pkg off at the FEDEX box, the driver was there. I ran up and caught him as he was leaving. He will remember me.
There's nothing you can do about that at this time except exercise your right to remain silent.