DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

My wife has to do 10 weekends in jail for a DUI. How can she

My wife has to do 10 weekends in jail for a DUI. How can she miss a weekend?
Thank you for the post, what is the basis of the request for the missed weekend?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well we are in a long distance relationship (getting married) and she went to court today. I was going to fly in for a weekend and the judge placed her jail for 10 weekends. He said it was because she did not report to her probation officer. She had been calling with no responce numerious of times. She has been in and out of the hospital for a spiral tip/fib fracture too. lots of bad luck.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX visit from a fiance' is not considered adequate grounds to miss a weekend of a jail sentence. In any event, she would need to file a motion with the court for a temporary release.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What if we feel the judgment is unfair because it was based off of untrue facts. The probation officer even wrote a letter stateing that she had not missed any check ins. The only thing was she missed something called "shock trauma". She had no idea what it was and the probation officer never returned her phone calls to tell her what or where it was.

If she feels the judgment is unfair, she can appeal the sentence.