DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
17924466

I had my liscence suspended for 6 months..thought I would get

I had my liscence suspended for 6 months..thought I would get it back on 6/07/2010, had an accident while driving with it it still suspended 3 weeks ago 6/18/2010...I'm not a criminal..but I'm very scared and don't know what to do...I know I should have gone right away to get the liscence taken care of...but, I've been taking care of my sick Mother whom just recently passed away...I do have insurance, and accident was my fault..so I had to report it....Pleas Help...
Thank you for the post, in what state were you licensed to drive?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
California
Thank you, knowingly driving on a suspended license in CA is a misdemeanor. California Vehicle Code 14601 prohibits driving on a suspended license, the penalties include extending the suspension period, substantial fines, and a minor jail sentence (though jail is rarely imposed unless in DUI cases).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes I know I've made some stupid choices here..what should I do now..wait for the chain of events to catch up..is an officer going to come and arrest me..will I get a notice in the mail or a court date...what can I do to right this..should I contact DMV..should I get a Lawer???? It's just a matter of time before my Insurance company reports this to the DMV...

You should get an attorney then report the matter to DMV.