How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Law Your Own Question
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
DCrane Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my liscence suspended for 6 months..thought I would get

This answer was rated:

I had my liscence suspended for 6 months..thought I would get it back on 6/07/2010, had an accident while driving with it it still suspended 3 weeks ago 6/18/2010...I'm not a criminal..but I'm very scared and don't know what to do...I know I should have gone right away to get the liscence taken care of...but, I've been taking care of my sick Mother whom just recently passed away...I do have insurance, and accident was my I had to report it....Pleas Help...
Thank you for the post, in what state were you licensed to drive?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, knowingly driving on a suspended license in CA is a misdemeanor. California Vehicle Code 14601 prohibits driving on a suspended license, the penalties include extending the suspension period, substantial fines, and a minor jail sentence (though jail is rarely imposed unless in DUI cases).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes I know I've made some stupid choices here..what should I do now..wait for the chain of events to catch an officer going to come and arrest me..will I get a notice in the mail or a court date...what can I do to right this..should I contact DMV..should I get a Lawer???? It's just a matter of time before my Insurance company reports this to the DMV...

You should get an attorney then report the matter to DMV.
DCrane Law and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions