lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
15417118

I was driving on a suspended licence unaware of the mater.

I was driving on a suspended licence unaware of the mater. i cleared things with the dmv but i dont know what to expect.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
It really depends on why it was suspended and the judge. If you were truly unaware for some reason, then as an attorney I can normally get the charge dismissed or either reduced to driving without a license in possession. I would go ahead and go by the court and talk to the clerk and possibly the judge and see if you can get the case dismissed. If they are not willing to do so, you should contact a local traffic attorney and let him see what he can do. This will drastically increase your auto insurance so it will be worth the expense of an attorney.