Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My son has been charged with 35 780-113 A16 Int Poss Contr

My son has been charged with:
35 780-113 A16 Int Poss Contr Subst by per not reg
35 780-113 A31 Possession of Marijuana
35 780-113 A32 Use/Poss of Drug Paraph
18 5503 A4 Disorder Conduct Hazordous/Physi Off - Summary
75 3324 Not Yield at Rdwy
75 4703 A Operat Veh w/o valid inspection
I will go with him to receive a public defender.

What is your opinion to the outcome for him? He was stopped after he exited his vehicle in a private parking lot. The police state that he dropped 2 cigars (is this the drug paraph??) and a bag of green leafy substance with 2 blue pills in it. They put him in handcuffs and he got scared so I think his nervousness caused him to be a bit hostile (hazordous physically is a stretch of terms). I arrived at the scene and the police officer stated that if my son did not admit that the bag they found (and saw him drop) was his and tell them what the blue pills were that they would take him to the Monroe County Correctional facility where he would spend the night. If he admitted to it they would release him right then and there. They took my information got in their car and drove away.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

hi

how old is your son?

is he employed or in school?

has he a criminal history of any type?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He is 19, full time college student, unemployed. When he was 17 he plead guilty to underage drinking (had a six back of beer) and had is license suspended for 90 days (it was the same judge that he will be in front of on 7/19/2010).
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

hi

it really does not matter if the same judge or not. Lord knows judge's really don't have that good memories - and they will have all the information regardless.

well, it is possible with the skills of a good local attorney to have him plead guilty to the lesser of the charges, have the other ones dismissed or placed on an inactive docket and then get a probationary period wherein he would be required to attend substance abuse awareness classes, pay a fine, community service.

the possession of marijuana would be the lesser of the charges. yes, cigars can be deemed paraphernalia but that is very far fetched, unless they were already stuffed with the pot.

public defender's are attorneys. many are dedicated to public service and will work very hard. but you must remember the PD's are way over worked and may not give these charges the time that a private attorney would