Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience

My 21 year old son was driving with a friends prescription

Customer Question

My 21 year old son was driving with a friend's prescription (his friend's name was on the bottle) of adderall, it was the end of the year and his friend was using his car to move. My son was pulled over and not even given a speeding ticket, but they wanted to search the car and found his friend's prescription. He is being charged with a possession of a schedule 2 drug (felony). He has NEVER ever had any trouble and is an honor student studying to be a physicist. It is such a huge expense and worry for all of us!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
where were the pills located?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There were in the car door.
It is good that they were not found on his person. If his friend is willing to testify that he placed the pills in the car for whatever reason then the charges should be dismissed against your son.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The friend said right away when my son called, "I left my pills in your car" so he is willing. I am just wondering what more we can do to help insure it goes away. I have heard that they are terribly conservative in the Southern part of Oregon.
His friend owning up to the pills may not be enough for the prosecutor to drop the charges but if not then take it to trial and the judge should find him not guilty. There isnt anything else you can do at this point.