AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

hey, i got a mip when i was on probation for my first mip.

hey, i got a mip when i was on probation for my first mip. now i have court the 23 of this month for breaking my probation, and if i broke probation the judge said i would get 15days in jail this is in wyoming. now i work in colorado 7days a week and 12 hour days and i get about 2 days a month off and if i go to jail i will not have a job. how can i get out of the jail time to keep my job and pay me bills. or what do i do to help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.

Please Note: I receive no salary or hourly wage. I do not get paid anything at all unless you click Accept. Clicking Accept simply applies your current deposit to this question and will not result in additional charges to your credit card. If you are a monthly subscriber to JustAnswer, clicking accept does not cost you anything additional. Please click Accept when you are pleased with the quality of the response so that I am compensated for responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

Unfortunately, the best way to avoid getting violated is to avoid violating probation. Because you did so, the judge might give you the 15 days in jail that he promised.

Your best bet is to retain an attorney to help you try to defeat the MIP and handle the alleged violation. If your attorney can successfully defeat the charges, you may be able to avoid any additional negative consequences.

Judges often make such statements for a purpose and, realistically, the only way to keep from getting violated is often to ensure that you don't actually violate probation. The unfortunate fact is that such matters depend heavily on the judge's discretion and that of the probation officer.

I know it's not what you want to hear. However, it's the truth.

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

Edited by T-USA on 6/3/2010 at 2:51 AM EST