Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience

I have an old case from 1989 for passing a bad check that is

Customer Question

I have an old case from 1989 for passing a bad check that is unresolved. There is no arrest warrent issued for me. Is there a statute of limitations in the state of ohio for this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Have you ever appeared in court on the bad check charge?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I have not. The case number XXXXX XXXXX in Hamilton County Ohio back in 1989 I work for the Airlines. It showed up on my fbi background check. When I looked it up, there was no disposition on the case at all. What should I do?
When a bad check, or several bad checks, are written to either one vendor or several vendors but do not exceed $500.00, passing the check(s) is considered a criminal offense and a first degree misdemeanor in Ohio. The statute of limitations for a misdemeanor bad check offense is three years for a teller's check, cashier's check or traveler's check.
I suggest you contact a local attorney in Ohio to file a motion to have the charges removed from your record because the open charge was never pursued against you.