Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I was arrested for a misdemeanor traffic violation, a suspended

I was arrested for a misdemeanor traffic violation, a suspended registration. It is a bondable offense and I was taken to the local jail and booked. No one allowed me to make a call to secure payment of the bond but a bondsman was on site in the holding area and told me that he could get me out for a fee of $180.00 cash. I knew nothing about the process and found out after this that the bondsman should not have been in the holding area soliciting business and I could have saved the 12% fee that he charged. How can I make a complaint on this?
Because this involves the jail, you would need to make your complaint to the State Attorney General's Office, since they regulate these activities and investigate improprieties. You can also file a complaint with the FBI's public corruption unit since it appears that the jail or its employees may be involved in this matter as well.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”