N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

A woman I found off (I know, I know) CraigsList was supposed

A woman I found off (I know, I know) CraigsList was supposed to give me a massage (a real one) and after being given $550 and doing nothing - literally - other than undressing me, I was distracted by a phone call for a few seconds and next thing I knew, she was gone from my hotel. San Diego County, CA. I have her phone number (a landline apparently) and her real first name and the neighborhood she lives in according to the phone records. I do not have a picture of her, though lobby cameras might (her online pic was phony). She's listed I now see with that same number on many escort sites. How do I report this crime and what is it? Or should I handle this my way?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like you are the victim of a theft and my answer is Yes, you can report this to the police as a crime.