How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9311
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A woman I found off (I know, I know) CraigsList was supposed

Resolved Question:

A woman I found off (I know, I know) CraigsList was supposed to give me a massage (a real one) and after being given $550 and doing nothing - literally - other than undressing me, I was distracted by a phone call for a few seconds and next thing I knew, she was gone from my hotel. San Diego County, CA. I have her phone number (a landline apparently) and her real first name and the neighborhood she lives in according to the phone records. I do not have a picture of her, though lobby cameras might (her online pic was phony). She's listed I now see with that same number on many escort sites. How do I report this crime and what is it? Or should I handle this my way?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like you are the victim of a theft and my answer is Yes, you can report this to the police as a crime.
N Cal Attorney and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you