N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

can a contractors board investigator with a warrant in las

can a contractor's board investigator with a warrant in las vegas, come to pick me up in CA, I have a felony and civil warrant for actions on Craig's list without a contractor's license.

he has threatened to find me with a gps and pick me up,
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Yes - the warrant from one state is valid in another one. States have a compact where they agree to validate each other's warrants, marriages, judgments, etc. State line won't stop it.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understood your answer but I am asking if the specific investigator, from the contractor's board, can come in his car and pick me up in california and take me back,

Is there not extradition and law enforcement or police in california to be able to do that,

Once again, can he come in his car, knock on my door, arrest me in CA and handcuff me in CA without the help of the los angeles law enforcement people,

Thanks in advance for clarification
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
I do not want to mislead you, so I am going to opt out of your question and let another expert opt in to help you who is more familiar with CA law. No need to respond to this message. Additionally, you do not have to stay online – your question will remain active and an email will be sent to you as soon an expert answers it. My apologies for the inconvenience. You have not been charged. Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when will I hear from you
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
You won't hear from me, but from someone else. It may take a little time. Your question IS open and visible. Just depends when an expert with this specific knowledge will answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Eli:

you answered so fast that you spoiled me,

How long do you think it will be until someone else responds,,,,minutes, hours,,,,

This is a great service, Can one select an attorney from a specific state?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Haha, thanks. I honestly do not know. It depends on when someone with this specific knowledge answers. So it can be hours.You MAY request specific attorneys by browsing through their profiles.:)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Eli: love your hat, No response yet,,,,,I really need it by 5pmEST,

How do I browse attorney profiles,,,,,I did ask help but there is no answer from the automated help,

thanks in advance
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hat? I don't have a hat in the picture. ? LOLGo to justanswer.com - I think you can view some profiles from there. Not sure, I'm so sorry - the system is different an expert and the customer. I can request a customer service person to get in touch with YOU via your email if you'd like?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Right,,,,no hat,,,just background and a close haircut,

Yes would you mind asking a customer rep to get in touch, thanks
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
I've done so - someone should be with you shortly. Best of luck :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks,,,,,,the advice is for my west coast son,,,,,I'm chairman of a public company wth an office ( research ) in The Woodlands, If we need some offline work, I'll get in touch,

Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Ha, thanks Jerry. Good luck. Kick butt.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 years ago.
You wrote:
I am asking if the specific investigator, from the contractor's board, can come in his car and pick me up in california and take me back,

My answer is No, the Nevada official's power ends at the State line unless he is in hot pursuit of a fleeing felon. That is the only time an officer can leave his jurisdiction and still have the power to arrest someone.

If there is a warrant for your arrest in one State, you can be arrested in another State on that warrant, but the arrest would be made by a local officer, not by an out of State officer.

I hope this information is helpful.

Edited by N Cal Attorney on 6/2/2010 at 9:17 PM EST
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience: Since 1983
Thank you for accepting my answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How come your identity is a secret,,,,,,you're good and should advertise that fact,

jb
Hi jb,

I don't know your identity either. You can find me again by writing N Cal Atty in the subject of any future question. I don't put my real name on the website since we are not supposed to interact with people other than through the website and it would make it too easy to find me. Plus I just don't want the phone to ring at all hours of the day and night.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX"m chairman of the board of a public company and was asking for my son, I"m 73 and in no trouble,,,,and I doubt if anyone cares at my age if I was, Unfortunately I'm an expert in SEC and securities law yet have to pay about $ 600 per hour for an attorney to edit my work...,filings and the like,<br /><br />Maybe I misunderstood since the last atty from Texas was only too happy to let me know about all his background,,,,,,and with a research facility in Texas, I just may use him,<br /><br />Hopefully I don't need you again, but if my son does, I'll ask for your, thanks so much,,,,Jerry<br />
Thank you.