How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I was verbally, emotionally and mentally assaulted

Resolved Question:

I was verbally, emotionally and mentally assaulted and attacked by my 4 year old son's pre-school owner. It shook my bones to mere pieces and I cried so hard. I was even hospitalized. Is there any action I can take ?

Please do advise.

Trouble Single Mom
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You may have an action for intentional infliction of emotional harm.The tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress has four elements: (1) the defendant must act intentionally or recklessly; (2) the defendant's conduct must be extreme and outrageous; and (3) the conduct must be the cause (4) of severe emotional distress.

You will want to retain local counsel to assist you in filing the suit
Ellen and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you