Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

my boyfriend was charged with DWI and evading arrest detention

Customer Question

my boyfriend was charged with DWI and evading arrest detention with vehicle on site. This is his first offense for both. He did not see lights and the sirens was not on. What can happen is this situation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

the penalty for the DWI, first offender, in Texas is a possible jail of up to 180 days, license suspension from 90 days to 1 year and a fine of up to $2000.

now, since he is also charged with fleeing and eluding, it is possible the plea agreement with the DA would be drop the flee an elude but with maximum penalties for the license suspension and fines.

because there is jail time involved, it is best for him to consider a consult with a local attorney to negotiate the plea that would not involve the jail time.