Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

what are the statute of limitations for grand theft auto and

what are the statute of limitations for grand theft auto and felony burglary in san diego county, california?
Chat Conversation Started
FranL :

If you failed to appear on a case that was filed in court, the statute of limitations does not apply. The Statute of Limitations determines how long after an incident the state can still press charges. If you were already charged, as you say you have been, the warrant will remain outstanding against you until you come back before the judge who issued the warrant -- voluntarily or involuntarily -- and deal with the charges.

Given that these matters are both felonies, if you do come back to court, you can expect that you will be incarcerated and kept in on heavy bail and that if there's any way that the DA can still prosecute, he will do so. If you're picked up by the police for any reason and this warrant turns up, anywhere in this country or at its borders, it is also possible that you will be held for extradition without bail to see whether California wants to come get you.

I wish I had better news for you, but that's the law.

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

Live Chat will close but you can continue to post follow-ups on this thread if you need clarification.