Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was arrested on 4/29/2010 for DUI in Kentucky. It will be

I was arrested on 4/29/2010 for DUI in Kentucky. It will be considered aggravated because I refused the tests.
1. Will Ky consider my previous two DUI's in Ohio, where I am a resident, and have an OH driver license? The last one was in March 2005 but wasn't adjudicated until Aug 2005?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am sorry to say that due to an interstate contract between the states, any previous DUIs or DWI equivalent in other states DO count for KY.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Eli,Thank you for your reply. I just have one follow-up question. I believe after 5 years, in Ky, a previous DUI isn't considered. I was charge with DUI in OH on 3/20/2005. However, it wasn't adjudicated until around June 2005. Will the OH DUI count?Thank you for your help.Sincerely,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Kentucky "repeat offender" status for DUI cases is determined based upon a five-year "lookback" period. Because we're not in August 2010 yet, your August 2005 one will be considered, so it'll be your "second."