How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would any assistance or intervention be available to a twice-wounded,

Resolved Question:

Would any assistance or intervention be available to a twice-wounded, 100% disable Vietnam veteran in regard to a charge in New York State of aggravated (over .18 bac) drunken driving case? I have a lawyer, but he doesn't seem to be optimistic about the chances of lowering the charge. The attorney happens to be a friend of one of my sons, a smart, very nice guy, but he hasn't challenged the judge in my two court appearances thus far.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
If you can afford an attorney you should seek out a DWI attorney with more experience. There are many out there with good track records and you can call the state bar for a referral if you need to. If you can not afford an attorney there is always a court appointed attorney. But there are no special programs to help with criminal actions based on your disability or service record.
legaleagle and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you