Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My dad was charged with custodial interference, Dui, position

My dad was charged with custodial interference, Dui, position of a control substance. IT has been ten years since he was charged. He was arrested in Idaho, but all warrants were interred as Oregon only and changed to failure to appear. Does that mean that the other charges were dropped from statute of limitations? Other then going to a lawyer what can I do for my dad.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

if there are outstanding warrants, the stay active until served or recalled. you will need an attorney to have those warrants Quashed. it is not something you can do

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Let me refine my Question. The Papers sent to Idaho said that there were four failures to appear. Oregon did not extradite on the four orginal charges. Does this mean that the other charges were quashed and he has four failures to appear, or are the original charges still active after ten years.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

failure to extradite does not mean the matters were closed. it only means they do not find it within their interests to spend all the necessary money to bring him into Oregon. however, if he enters Oregon with the active warrants he can be arrested and then he will need to stand trial.

if there were other charges other than the four that Oregon has as outstanding and there are only 4 FTA's then it would mean the other charges were dismissed at some point.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are no other warrants other then the 4 FTA. Is FTA a Felony or misdeamor, and do you have an Idea of the lenght of incarcinartion for FTA in Oregon.

Thank you very much for your time.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

the FTA depends on the charge. it is not a separate charge. it is a warrant to stand on the charge they failed to appear on in the first place.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Your answers were convoluted. First you tell me that if there were no other charges other then the FTA the other charges were dismised at some point. Then you tell me that FTA is that same as the oringinal charge. Please clarify. Last Question Thank You.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

hi

there was some confusion.

FTA warrants are based on the charges the person did not appear for. they are not separate charges. if there are FTA's they are for the outstanding charges on which he did not appear in court

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.