Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Search warrant served for Possession of Child pornography

I was served a warrant to search my appartment and the police seized my computer and a number of electronic devices. They told me that I was not going to be arrested, but I have incrimminating evidence on what was seized. When can I expect to be arrested? I will be contacting a lawyer on Monday, but I gave a statement to the police because I knew the evidence was incontrevertible, was that a false move? Of course the police encouraged me to right a statement. I am being investigated for possession of child pornography. what will be the cost of a defense attorney for such a matter?
I am currently a student and have $6000, will I be unable to meet the legal fees and how should I proceed? When should I tell my family?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

they have the evidence needed. you should never answer questions without an attorney present. once you are arrested and your rights read, they cannot use anything against you unless you willingly give them infomation. don't do it, without an attorney present

i cannot tell you when you will be arrested.

$6000 is a good start, if you are going to plead guilty and get a deal on your sentence. however, if you are going to fight it, it will cost you a lot more money.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I would like an answer dealing with a further outline of the potential costs of my case, the leagal ramifications, and how the law process will play out in a typical case. Will I be held on bail or will I be allowed out while my case gos to court?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What also determines the aggressiveness of the prosecution, do they take honnesty and remorse seriously in deciding upon charges, or is that just police rhetoric to elicit a statement to use against me in court? Thanks

Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

it all depends, on the attorney you choose. i cannot tell you what it will cost for certain - again, it depends on if you go to trial - $10 to $20,000 or more.

and, if you are charged by the state, the feds or both. it will depend on what your charges are to accuratel tell you a penatly - but they range from 5 to 20 years.

honestly and remorse is always important and is considered always. however, it is going to depend on the deepth of you involvement in the pornography. how big is the circle, how many children have been harmed, etc.

there is too much still left undone to be anymore specific with you.