Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I received a letter today dated 4/30/2010 from the U S attorney

I received a letter today dated 4/30/2010 from the U S attorney northern Ca.to go to an initial appearance,I ran an add on craigslist selling generic viagra that i purchased online from a canadian pharmacy, I sold 50 dollars worth it to a fda agent. they interveiwed me told me it was illegal and not do to it anymore,They did not arrest me,now seven months later i get this misdemeanor charge Misbranding of a drug while held for sale. and with only 10 days before i see a judge.
What should I do ? what should i expect ? I have a clean record and have never been in trouble with the law

Consider a not guilty plea and request a public defender. If a public defender is not appointed, request a conference with the prosecutor. You can discuss a diversion program to keep this off of your record. For example, community service or a drug awareness program.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX`t take a lawyer with me ,request a public defender when I am in front of the judge, Do you think I will have to do time and pay a big fine ?
I do not think you will be incarcerated at all since you are only charged with a misdemeanor. You will likely have to pay a fine and have a period of probation
If you can afford counsel it would be best to bring your attorney with you.