JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

Is it possible to aquire a cell phone number without using

Is it possible to aquire a cell phone number without using a private detective?
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Can you please clarify what it is that you are trying to achieve?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, most certainly. My son's criminal attorney has asked me to try and get my son's soon-to-be ex wife's cell phone number. He wants to subpena her text messages, he has indicated that he has done this before for trial purposes. She is falsely accusing my son of CSC2 against his stepdaughter for the sole purpose of taking his 18 month old daughter from him. She is on methamphetamines and is directing her 13 year old to lie on the stand. At this point, we are waiting for the prosecuting attorney to agree to drop all charges due to the testimony the 13 year old gave in District Court a few months ago. CPS from another county if involved and wants to take my son's parental rights away, even if the criminal case is dismissed. If we can show, that she is, in fact, having her daughter lie, hopefully with text messages on her cell phone, we can prove to CPS that my son is, in fact, innocent. He was primary care-giver for his daughter for eight months after he was laid off from work and his wife left totally unexpectedly and took his baby with her.
Has the soon-to-be ex-wife ever called your son on his cell phone?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, he got a new cell phone on my wireless plan. We believe she did call his car phone at least three times but we cannot get that information from the car phone company
Has anyone gone to the school to look at the emergency contact information that's listed for her? One really has to think outside of the box and thing to what companies she would have to give a phone number to and then check with them.

Otherwise, no, the only other recourse is through a private detective.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!