JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor

I need to locate a very effective criminal lawyer who practices

Customer Question

I need to locate a very effective criminal lawyer who practices in Prince Georges Maryland (Upper Marlboro Court) juvenile case. I would like to have a few referrals or be directed to where I can start my search.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

The best lawyers can be found by personal referral from friends, neighbors, relatives, etc... if that is not available I personally use which is a popular and respected legal directory that includes practice area, geographical location, and peer review ratings that give you a good idea of the attorney's reputation in the legal community.

Please reply if I can help further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Are there any particular questions I should ask a lawyer prior to retaining him or her?
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

General questions?

-what is covered under your fee agreement (this should be in writing)

-their experience with your type of case

-their assessment of your case (beware of empty promises)

-an expected timeline

It is difficult to give you questions to ask without knowing details of your case. Basically you need to treat this like you would any other professional hire (doctor, accountant, etc). You want someone who does not appear shady and who speaks with you with reason and intelligence. You want to be cautious with any attorney who claims he or she can get you some type of deal... nobody can know how a case will go until they get involved.

Please reply if I can help further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. You have given me enough to work with. I hope the site you provided earlier is a good site for locating an attorney and obtaining legitimate feedback.
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if I can assist further.