P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

is it illegal in new york state to slap your child across the

is it illegal in new york state to slap your child across the face
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

In NY, physical abuse is inflicting or allowing someone to inflict serious physical injury other than by accidental means. In addition, it is considered abuse if a parent creates a condition, or allows the condition to be created, that leads to a child becoming the victim of serious physical injury. This includes shaking, beating, biting, kicking, punching, and burning

SO it depends on the context...a slap across the face with open palm for discipline that does not cause serious injury is not a crime...but a slap that does cause serious injur will be a crime.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much I am satisfied with that answer. 2nd question is my credit card info safe with this company
2nd question is my credit card info safe with this company

Yes...I have been with Just Answer near 2 years now...its a good company

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your military service I also was a Navy corpsman in Desert Storm
semper fi! I had a doc in my platoon, 1/1 during DS/DS

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm Dianna Roof-facebook maybe we can share stories some time
Thanks Dianna

Phil Simmons here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you so much c u on facebook?