Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

I have a question regarding pictures on the following website

I have a question regarding pictures on the following website ( under analyze the case) www.bloodspatter.com. How to recognize, from the blood patterns, what happened??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Could you be a little more specific in your question? Maybe put it in context?

I am going to be offline because I'm having some problems. I will pick up again later tonight or in the morning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well, there are few pictures of a blood patterns on that website ( under "analyze the case")... my question is-how to determine from said blood patterns ( their size, shape, etc) what happened on the scene ( whethere a person was stabbed, shot... one time, or multiple times?)
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Can you be a little more specific in your question, maybe put it in context? I'm very familiar with blood splatter evidence but not sure what you are looking for because that website has information that explains this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yeah, but i dont really understand their explanations... what kind of blood patterns were on the pics? did their size matters? how can it be determined from same that the victim was hit by a bunt object and not, for instance, shot with a gun???
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
The size of the blood pattern makes a difference. For instance, a punch that has blood spray from it has bigger drops and less spray than the pattern from a gunshot, which tends to make a mist due to the velocity. The shape of the splatter tells which direction it came from, which indicates where the victim was and where the assailant was.

Ask any follow ups you would like.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.