Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

Hello, I am Amanda. My ex-husband was convicted of intox manslaughter

Hello, I am Amanda. My ex-husband was convicted of intox manslaughter in 2007. His projected release date is 8-26-11. His maximum sentence date is 6-25-17. I think he is eligible for mandatory supervision. When do you think he will be released?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Does he have any priors?

I will be offline for a while but will pick up when I come back. it may in the morning so please be patient.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
JD,
Thank you for responding. He does not have any priors in Texas; however, in Tennessee he has a long criminal record. I do not think that will apply in Texas. He has been in prison before in Tennessee and on probation which he violated on more that one occasion (in TN). He does not have any other type of murder charges. Aggravated kidnapping, public intoxication, domestic violence, and criminal tresspassing are some of the charges from Tennessee. The reason I'm trying to find out is because his early release date is not too far away, and if he does get released, I feel that he will come back to Tennessee. I need to make preparations to keep myself and my daughter safe if that does happen. Thank you again for your time. Amanda
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
The Tennessee record will influence the parole decision in Texas if they find out about it. Technically he qualifies for parole after three months for every two years sentenced. However, most people do not make their first parole for intoxicated manslaughter. He next comes up for discretionary mandatory supervision when his total accumulated time (straight time plus good time plus work time) equals his whole sentence, that is usually about ten months for every two years he was sentenced to. With his background he isn't likely to make that one either, although you never know for sure. If he gets denied then he comes back up every year after that. A best guess is he will do at least half of his time if not more.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.