AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

what type sentence do you usually get for a charge of felony

what type sentence do you usually get for a charge of felony forgery 2nd. times seven
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 6 years ago.
Would it be possible for you to provide the statute under which the charges were made?
What do you mean "times seven?"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
our son wrote seven checks and forged my husbands signature he pressed charges and they chared him with 7 counts of felony forgery

Please Note: Your deposit will not be applied to this question unless you click accept. JustAnswer provides me with absolutely no compensation. I receive no salary or hourly wage from JustAnswer. I receive nothing at all for my time spent responding to your question unless you click accept. Your gratuity is appreciated.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

Forgery is a Class C felony. A class C felony is punishable by a sentence ranging from 1 year and 1 day to up to 10 years, as well as a fine of up to $5,000. At the court's discretion, the court may order the sentences for each count to be served concurrently (all at the same time) or consecutively (back to back).

The sentence that will be imposed really depends on the circumstances, the prosecutor, and the judge. Your son needs to retain an attorney to help him fight these charges and, if necessary, negotiate a favorable plea deal if possible.

Please remember to click accept so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does
not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Please click the green
Accept Button and leave Positive Feedback so that I receive credit for answering your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. I do not receive any payment at all from JustAnswer unless you click accept.

Please remember: Feedback is left for me as an answerer. Please do not shoot the messenger. My control over the content of the answer is limited by the restraint of truth.

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at or