Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

If an employment application has the question stated Have

If an employment application has the question stated "Have you ever been convicted of any criminal offenses other than minor traffic violations?", how should I answer this question if I have a DUI in the state of NJ. In a few websites it has stated that in the state of New Jersey a DUI is not a criminal offense, therefore the person is not entitled to a jury.... Do I need to disclose the DUI on the employment application?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

DUI/DWI in New Jersey without injuries is a traffic violation and not a criminal offense.

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
FLAandNYLawyer; therefore how should I answer the following question from an employment application: "Have you ever been convicted of any criminal offenses other than minor traffic violations?"
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
your answer is "no". however be advised that it will show up in a motor vehicle check