Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

what does the phrase no information mean and bond released

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Can you tell me more about the matter at hand?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was arrested in jan on a warrant from april 06 spent 6 days in jail bond was set at 20000 bonded out recieved notice fron port st lucie county court stating no informarion bond released the original charge was third degree grand theft i never went to court
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
That there is a warrant out for your arrest, since you missed the court date. You'd have to put down another bond to quash the warrant and set another court date, and don't miss it this time!

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont think you understand what im saying yes i was arrested and the judge said i was to be apoointed a public lawyer within 2 weeks instead i recieved a letter from the court stating bond released no information the bonds man said the charges were dropped
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Oh. Are you sure, this is unusual? It does say "charges dropped?"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the bonds man stated that this was my lucky day go and live my life ny question is what does no infornation mean and will this be on my record i have never been arrested before this nightmare
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it's amazing. You really lucked out. I honestly thought you made a mistake if it said "bond released," but it means that bond was given back to the bail bondmen (the part that he paid) and that the charges were dropped. You're a free man. But this will stay on your record as an arrest. What you have to do is to file a Motion for Expungement in the same court to seal the arrest record.