Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son was sentanced to a total of 26-36 months here in North

My son was sentanced to a total of 26-36 months here in North Carolina the queston is will he be elgible for some type of parole, he has served 10 months already in county jail, just waiting to go to court!!!! He finally went last week. several charges were dropped, and were told he got a great deal. due to the fact he was the driver of a drive by shooting, he got the min sentance, We dont know where he will be placed yet he is still sitting in Onslow county jail wating to be transported, how long dose he have to serve to get parole or gain time, his attorney said NC dose not have parole any more WHat? are you kidding me? they have been letting murderes out here lately, this is crazy!!!!! Is there any chance my son will get out soon like in 16 months
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What exactly did this attorney say?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
said that NC did not do parole any more and that David got a great plea bargin considering what he could have gotten, but i thought all states had parole what is gain time? and how dose that work, he got a total of 26-36 month already has served 10 has 8 more months to go on the first sentance and then start the 26 to 36 on the second sentance.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
It is impossible to know when the parole would be offered, but if he was not sentenced to an aggravated crime, parole offered for good behavior generally can be offered at 50% of the sentence. However, it is an administrative decision, and he has not "right to it." My best advice is to stay on good behavior, and take classes, etc in the prison, and if he is a model prisoner, he'll be offered probation earlier.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”