skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  I have handled non felony matters in municipal and mayor courts in Ohio

i was just informed of a misdemeanor from 12yrs ago , it was

i was just informed of a misdemeanor from 12yrs ago , it was a different time and iwas very messed up on different things how bad is this? I'm afamily man that has a steady job. and have not been in any trouble for over 12 yrs.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  skelly151 replied 6 years ago.
You can petition the court to get the conviction expunged from your record since it has been so long since you got into trouble. I assume there was no violence involved in the original charge and they likely will grant your motion to expunge the conviction and then seal the record so that no one can bring it up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is that something i can do myself or do i have to have a lawyer
Expert:  skelly151 replied 6 years ago.
You would need to pay a lawyer about 800$ to do it but you could try it yourself. It is not that difficult.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i live 400 miles away, do i have time to take of this or are the police here going to pound the door down any minute, my dad says there is a 25 dollar reward there for me.

Expert:  skelly151 replied 6 years ago.
You have just asked a different question and will have to open a new question.