How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am accused of Burglary 2nd / Stealing in Missouri. I am

This answer was rated:

I am accused of Burglary 2nd / Stealing in Missouri. I am out on bail of $5000.
Will I be arrested again on the court date?
Can the judge rise the bond on the court date?
What are the punishment for these accusations (No criminal records)?
Who is the best criminal lawyer in Boone county?
Thank you very much.

Thanks for using

Burglary in the second degree.

569.170. 1. A person commits the crime of burglary in the second degree when he knowingly enters unlawfully or knowingly remains unlawfully in a building or inhabitable structure for the purpose of committing a crime therein.

2. Burglary in the second degree is a class C felony.

A Class C Felony is punishable by up to 7 years in prison and up to a $5,000.00 fine.

If you have posted a bond, as long as you show up on your next court date and time, you will not be arrested again. The judge COULD raise your bond at the court date, however it is not likely. A bond is a monetary amount that is pledged to ensure that a person shows up at his/her court date. If you show up, there would be no reason to raise your bond. However, I cannot guarantee this result because the setting of a bond is within the judge's discretion within the law. However, again, there shouldn't be any reason to raise your bond if you show up in court.

With respect to a referral to a criminal lawyer in Boone County, it is best to contact the Missouri State Bar Association. Below is the link. The State Bar Association can match you with atttorneys who specializes in criminal law. You can discuss your needs and get referrals. You can discuss the specific facts of your case with the attorney, evaluate your options and decide how to proceed. It is NOT a good idea to look in the yellow pages, or to "talk to a friend." The bar association can provide the best information.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question. Thank you.

xavierjd and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you