Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

i have 4 total duis in my life one 21 yrs. ago. 3 in the last

i have 4 total dui's in my life one 21 yrs. ago. 3 in the last 4 years. htv was filed against me with the BMV. the judge only suspended them for 545 days. dated back to 10/08. how soon can i get them back and is there anyway to get them back.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
If BMV has suspended your license as a habitual offender, you would have to wait at least 10 years for reinstatement under the Indiana law for habitual DUI's. See:

You are going to find that the BMV is very unforgiving on these violations, but sometimes issue a hardship license during this suspension period, which you will need an attorney to file for and you can also petition the court for judicial review of the BMV decisions.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”