CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

How do I put hardship letter or form before a judge for permit

How do I submit hardship letter or form before a judge for permit to drive to work and medical do to 3rd DUI in canyon county and which form should I use?I believe it must be submitted to county clerk.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
Under § 18-8001, driving without privileges offenders may request restricted driving privileges during the period of the suspension or disqualification, to begin after the period of absolute suspension, which the court may allow if the defendant shows by a preponderance of the evidence that driving privileges are necessary for his employment, education or for family health needs. Also, § 49-325, dealing with mandatory revocation by department, and § 49-326 dealing with license suspensions and revocations, allow for granting a temporary restricted permit. 49-325 allows for a temporary driving permit for mandatory suspensions whenever any driver's license, permit or operating privilege has been revoked by the department, except when restricted operating privileges are specifically prohibited by other provisions of law. You would need to file a motion with the court, requesting that the Judge sign an Order, allowing you to obtain a hardship license. You will need to lay out the history of your cases, which lead to the suspension/revocation and introduce evidence to the Judge, as to why you need this permit. If it is for work and medical purposes, try and obtain a letter from your employer and attach pay stubs, to prove you are employed. Also, lay out the location of the job to your home. Moreover, explain what medical conditions you have, which require transportation.
Any other questions?