Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer

Hello I got a dui and have to go to do a CRN evaluation. My

Hello I got a dui and have to go to do a CRN evaluation. My question is, do they give you a drug test at the CRN evalutation, or is it just a bunch of questions?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the post.

A CRN is an initial alcohol evaluation. CRN stands for Court Reporting Network. A CRN evaluation generally consists of answering questions to determine your background and prevalence of drug or alcohol use imncluding your use history. The results of your CRN evaluation are automatically transmitted to the ounty Prosecutor's Office. If the CRN counselor determines that you need additional alcohol or drug coounseling, the sentencing judge at Common Pleas Court will usually order you to complete the recommended treatment or rehabilitation. Often, as part of any treatment, a urinalysis test is done.

Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I know they are going to recomnend treatment, but you still did not answer my question, do they give drug test at teh CRN?
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

If you go back and reread the response, it indicates that the evaluation is a series of questions. Testing will not occur until admission to treatment.