Lawmoe
Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer
3560666

I WAS CHARGE WITH TRANSPORTING FOR SELLS OF METH IN WHICH I

I WAS CHARGE WITH TRANSPORTING FOR SELLS OF METH IN WHICH I WASNT CAUGHT NO MONEY ARE MARK MONEY DO YOU THINK I GOT A GOOD CHANCE TO TAKE TO TRIAL.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the post.

First, I think you may be misjudging the evidence that the prosecutors have against you. A case will not be charged unless the prosecutor believes there is probable cause for the charge. That would require more than a simple observation by police that before your arrival, there were no drugs in the area. There must be something more substantial and that evidence will be provided to your attorney in the discovery phase of the case.

Second, if there are no witness observations of sales, no recordings or photographs, no transactions with serialized money, and no discovery of contraband, the case could be dismissed prior to trial buy filing a Motion challenging the probable cause for the charge and its ability to proceed to trial on inadequate evidence.

Third, if the case does proceed to trial, you must be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and all juror must be unanimous in the verdict. That is a very steep burden. As a result, if the evidence is as weak as you claim, you would have a good case. However, it would be surprised if the prosecutor would proceed forward without more.

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT BELOW