JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

I have 4 past felonies, there are 4 marijuana delivery warrants

Customer Question

I have 4 past felonies, there are 4 marijuana delivery warrants for me now for selling an undercover 1/8 to a 1/4 oz of weed 4 diff times. I have a place to go and a job lined up in CA right now. If I leave from MI to start over, what are the chances of me being extradited form CA back to MI if I were to get my name ran once I was in CA?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

There is nothing to stop you from being arrested in California and held until the Michigan jurisdiction decides whether or not they are going to spend the money to have you transported back. From the facts that you've described, the chances of being extradited back are not high. However, don't be surprised if you're cooling your heels in a California jail cell for a couple of weeks before you're released.

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!