How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13437
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working for a man for 8 years, I have decided to

Resolved Question:

I have been working for a man for 8 years, I have decided to leave him, and go out on my own with my own business, since he has found out, he has tried every thing to be part of my business, he has gone as far as calling all my suppliers, ect; Now that I have rejected him, and not interested in him being partners with me, he has changed alot of my paper work, and now says that I stole lots of money, and he wants me to pay it all back, or he will take me to court. What should I do? I sure am not going to pay him a dime. He wont let me see the paper work.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 7 years ago.

Dear efg,


If you properly registered your business in your name only and properly opened accounts in your Business name, with you as the only signature, then he will have not standing to assert that you stole from your own business, since you will have had authority to dole out draw/pay for yourself.


So first, you need to collect all of your documentation and keep them secured. I suggest a bank safety deposit box. Moreover, if he ordered supplies without authority or otherwise pretended to be you when he did it - he could be guilty of identity theft or could be otherwise liable for the cost of those supplies, unless later agreed to pay him for them.


Good luck with your new business and your new future. I am very happy for you and I suspect that you are making a good move, given the fact that he is seeking to criminalize you because you are leaving him, as per your facts.



Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!


I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks


S. Joy, Legal Expert



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.




AlexiaEsq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you